[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to ACSP 2018.3: Automatically Redirect Whois Queries to Secure URL

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Mar 28 16:53:16 EDT 2018

On 28 March, we issued our response to ACSP 2018.3: Automatically
Redirect Whois Queries to Secure URL:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.3 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN automatically redirect Whois queries to a secure URL.

We have reviewed your suggestion and understand that you are requesting
ARIN automatically redirect user queries of Whois made from “http” to
“https”, and that we also consider the use of HSTS for Whois queries.
Noting there is interest from the community on this topic, and that a
conversation on the arin-consult mailing list has already begun, we will
open a formal community consultation for this suggestion. Feedback
received during the consultation will help inform how ARIN will proceed
in this area.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until we are able to provide a
new update following the closure of the related community consultation.

**

The full text of the suggestion is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-3.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services