[ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP 2018.4: Mass Delete of Managed Reassignments Within ARIN Online

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Mar 28 16:24:16 EDT 2018

On 28 March, we received a new suggestion, numbered 2018.4 upon
confirmed receipt, requesting that we develop functionality within ARIN
Online to allow for mass deletes on managed reassignments.

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-4.html

Say I have a parent big block lets call it a /13. Within that there is a
contiguous /19 worth that has 80-100 of reassignments all to different
entities, all of which I know are old, unused, and wrong. Rather than
having to delete every single one by one could we have an option in the
webportal to match on range and after say a 2 or 3 safety clicks are you
really sure you want to nuke everything in this confirm blow it away.

Value to Community: I've spent the last day clearing out old entries on
a /19 worth to repurpose using the search and delete on numerous /29's
thru /24's that are all within a contiguous block but I don't want to
use the option to clear out the entire parent which has other valid
entries. There must be others that don't follow-up on cleanup because of
the hassle in getting it done. This could make it easier to clean out
large sections of stale whois.

**

We are currently reviewing this suggestion, and we will issue our
response as soon as it is available.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services