[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2012.9- IPV6 FEE REDUCTION

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Feb 28 12:21:04 EST 2013

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2012.9. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2012-9.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

I suggest that ARIN make a temporary fee reduction for initial IPv6
assignments (to end-users). Some possibilities are a $1,250 reduction
for one or two years or make the initial IPv6 assignments free for a
year and then half price for a year.

That would do two things: First, it lowers a potential barrier to IPv6
deployment in the enterprise, pure cost of assignment. Second, it puts a
touch of urgency on initial IPv6 requests: "Hey boss, we have to at
least get our assignment this year if we don't want to be forced to pay
laterâEUR¦" Especially if coordinated with officer attestation of IPv4
exhaustion

*Response:*

This is in response to your suggestion noted below and assigned number
2011.34 upon receipt of your confirmation.

The ARIN Board of Trustees recently adopted a new fee schedule,
effective 1 July 2013.

The adopted fee schedule is the result of many considerations, including
input from multiple fee schedule consultations and suggestions such as
this one.

As a result of the new fee schedule being announced, this suggestion is
now closed.