[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2013.2 - Enable Use of Extended Characters in Records

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Feb 21 11:23:17 EST 2013

ARIN has received a new ACSP Suggestion 2013.2. The suggestion and
response text are provided below. This suggestion remains open and is
available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-2.html

ARIN will issue an initial response within 10 business days.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

I think we should be able to use characters beyond the basic characters.

Currently for example in the Customer name field, only a-z A-Z 0-9 @ ( )
' # / & , . - + * ! and space are allowed.

I think we should be able to put other characters such as accents etc
that are found in languages other then English. I think it is sad that
in 2013 such restrictions exist. Even the most basic web app coded in 30
minutes can usually handle them.

Thanks!