[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2012.1: RESTORE SOME EMAIL FUNCTIONALITY

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Feb 1 18:04:03 EST 2013

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2012.1. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2012-1.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

First you took away email templates. Now, instead of being at least able
to continue working the ticket in email exchanges, I get something
useless like this:

ARIN-20120216-X4804 - End-user IPv4 Request has been updated.

To view the full details, log in to your ARIN Web account and visit the
Message Center, or click the URL below.
https://www.arin.net/public/communication/ticket/view.xhtml?ticketNo=20120216-X4804

If the URL will not load from this message, copy and paste it into your
browser.

Please do not reply to this message.

Regards,

American Registry for Internet Numbers

At least please restore the following email based functionality:

Email confirmation of submitted IP requests
Full text updates sent to my email when the ticket is updated.
The ability to reply to the email in order to interact with ARIN rather
than forcing me through the web interface.

*Response:*

This suggestion is noted as having similar recommended improvements to
2012.18 and 2011.21. Therefore 2012.18 will be closed and the scope of
2011.21 will be constrained to user interface/usability improvements.
This suggestion will remain open until implemented or some other future
action.