[arin-ppml] Feedback on ARIN 53 question on micro-allocations for IXPs

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 02:43:31 EDT 2024

Bill, you are completely mixing up the things I guess. I am not talking
about 'dangers' but focusing on diversion of intent of what a special
pool was meant for just because a convenience. Don't understand why you
are insisting on this danger point and asking for prove something that
is not what is being put. Please re-read last 2 messages and focus on
the points about avoiding using special pool addresses for a propose
that was not meant for just because for a particular scenario is
convenient (IPv4 exhaustion).
I am not saying on any of them that something should or should not
happen because of a 'danger' but simply that the usage for these
addresses should stay well disciplined for its main propose - support
the emergence of IXPs by giving them addresses to use with their
internal infrastructure and to connect members in the LAN.

Regards