[arin-ppml] ARIN discontinuing DNSSEC capability to legacy holders

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Oct 5 17:05:25 EDT 2018

In message <03730720-29E1-4CDE-8EC6-737863D85A47 at netconsonance.com>,
Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:

>Refusing to authenticate resources used by holders who cannot be
>validated is a feature, not a bug.
>
>My fees (and everyone elses) pay ARIN to validate and certify the
>resource holders.

I have no dog in this fight.  I just have a simple (naive?) question:

Would it be possible for ARIN to establish some kind of de minimis
validation/authentication fee, enough to cover its costs, but not
involving the acceptance of a complete LRSA?

(As I said, I have no dog in this fight.  I'm just wondering if there
is any middle ground that would be acceptable to all.)

Regards,
rfg