[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-6: Improve Reciprocity Requirement for Inter-RIR Transfers

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jun 20 16:33:04 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:

> + Recipient RIR policy must not permit transfers to other RIRs or NIRs
> whose policies do not support bi-directional transfers.

Hello,

I support this policy in concept but I'm forced to note that almost without
exception, ARIN LIRs do not support bi-directional transfers.

Since a handful of LIRs have started leasing addresses absent any network
services (ARIN treats ISP and LIR as the same thing) and a handful of NIRs
also control their local network services, it seems to me like we might get
in to some definitional trouble here.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us