[arin-ppml] 2015-2

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Jun 4 11:58:13 EDT 2015

On 6/4/2015 8:36 AM, John Curran wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2015, at 10:43 AM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com
> <mailto:mike at iptrading.com>> wrote:
>> I refused to cooperate with any needs test but told them I would send
>> them a copy of the contract and they could also communicate with the
>> seller.
>
> PPML Folks -
>
>     I believe we are expected to follow the community-developed policy
> and
>     that means that parties which don’t provide the documentation
> necessary
>     to allow needs-assessment cannot receive number resource via transfer.

We need better language for this. Mike "received number resource via
transfer". What he didn't receive was "a transfer of a record in the
ARIN registry", because he didn't provide the documentation necessary
for the community-developed policy for recording a transfer in that
registry.

But he's got a contract which - though I have not seen it myself - I
would not at all be surprised does in fact transfer the right to use
those integers as addresses on the global Internet from someone else to
Mike.

Matthew Kaufman