[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jun 20 17:41:31 EDT 2012

On Jun 20, 2012, at 5:25 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> My understanding is that while noting that Microsoft and ARIN had
> entered a contract, the final order reaffirmed that Nortel had the
> exclusive right to sell its addresses. Without any language suggesting
> subordination to ARIN. If you have a copy handy, we can go to the text
> and check.

Bill -

 ARIN consented to the transfer since Microsoft qualified per
 policy, and did not seek anything other than acknowledgement
 of the existence of the LRSA which has the resources subject
 to community policy.  We don't try to get in the way of folks;
 it's the exact opposite, in that we try to make sure that the
 policy is followed with minimum intrusiveness if possible.
 In this situation, that resulted in the transfer being approved,
 policy being followed, and resources under agreement.  If you
 believe that it provides you a precedent for certain rights,
 then that is indeed your prerogative and good luck with it.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO