[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 19 16:58:58 EDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 4:50 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> The policy proposal is bad.  Yes there is my personal story, and the little class c and the fact that I would like to be able to use it, it is rather unimportant in the scope of things - where half of the Ipv4 address are currnetly unused becasue there is no legitimate way to bring them into use.

To be clear, we've had lots of people bring them into use, and
transfers seem to be increasing.  Could you be more specific
about "no legitimate way" to bring them into use?"

>  What matters is that this proposed policy attempts to wipe an entire class of address holders out of existence by redefining them as a DB artifact.

Please explain.  The policy simply states that the number resource
policies apply to all resources in the registry, which is present
practice.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran