[arin-ppml] LRSA announcement messaging

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 22 09:34:08 EDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> John,
>
> Would it be possible for us to see the kinds of communications that
> ARIN sends to legacy holders?

Martin -

Follow-up as requested.

As part of the rollout of the new LRSA, we contacted each
legacy registrant.  We started the process in the fall of
2007 via postal mail and eventually moved to electronic mail
in 2008 for cost management purposes. Sample copies of the
messages used in the announcement are attached.

Other than the announcement of the program to each legacy
holder, we have not sent further communications directly
to the legacy contacts about LRSA availability (although
we have announced new versions of the LRSA on the various
ARIN mailing lists.)

FYI,
/John

=== Late 2007, paper mailing

> Subject: ARIN offers a Legacy Registration Services Agreement
>
> Hello,
>
> The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) now offers you a Legacy Registration Services Agreement(RSA). This agreement ensures your legacy resources the same services provided to thousands of other organizations who have received Internet number resources directly from ARIN since December 1997. The Legacy RSA contractually ensures that ARIN policies adopted after the contract is signed will not reduce or restrict the Legacy RSA address holder's contractual rights.
>
> In this spirit we are reaching out to you as an organization or individual in the ARIN service region that holds number resources not covered by a Registration Services Agreement with ARIN. We call these legacy number resources, IPv4 addresses or Autonomous System numbers that were issued by an Internet Registry (InterNIC or its predecessors) prior to ARIN's inception on Dec. 22, 1997.
>
> I invite you to review the Legacy RSA and consider the benefits it offers. To view the Legacy RSA, complete the Legacy application, or view the FAQ, please visit http://www.arin.net/registration/legacy/.  There is no application or initial fee associated with the Legacy RSA, only a $100 (USD) annual maintenance fee. However, fees may be waived if an organization voluntarily returns unused address space to ARIN.
>
> If you need further information or have questions about legacy number resources or the Legacy Registration Services Agreement please call the Registration Services Help Desk at 1-703-227-0550 or send e-mail to hostmaster at arin.net.  If you have any legal questions, please contact ARIN General Counsel, Steve Ryan, at sryan at mwe.com.  I too welcome any general comments you care to make regarding the Legacy RSA and can be reached at plzak at arin.net.
>
> Regards,
>
> Raymond A. Plzak
> President & CEO
> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)

=== 2008, electronic mailing