[arin-ppml] High Level Plan for Clarifying Legacy Resource Policy

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jun 14 20:45:49 EDT 2012

On Jun 14, 2012, at 8:18 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Generally, D is a non starter due to legal issues.  , but it's probably fixable.

Right now we're extremely careful in this area, but if there's a clear consensus
policy which has appropriate protections, then it should be solvable.  To some
extent, the existence of a transfer market (even under the present limits) does
provide incentives to finding the appropriate party (if any) presuming that there
is clear & ample notice given.  Definitely something for the community to discuss.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO