ARIN-PPML Message

[arin-ppml] Petition for Discussion of ARIN-prop-160

This petition did not receive the required 10 statements of support and 
was therefore not successful. ARIN-prop-160 is closed.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)

On 2/3/12 1:39 PM, ARIN wrote:
>
>> The duration of the petition is until five business days after the AC's
>> draft meeting minutes are published. ARIN staff will post the result of
>> the petition to PPML.
>
> The minutes of the AC's 20 January 2012 meeting have been published to
> the ARIN website at:
> https://www.arin.net/about_us/ac/index.html
>
> This petition will end on 10 February 2012.
>
> Regards,
>
> Communications and Member Services
> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
>
>
> On 1/27/12 10:19 AM, ARIN wrote:
>> The message below started a petition regarding the ARIN Advisory
>> Council's decision to abandon ARIN-prop-160. The AC's decision was
>> posted by ARIN staff to PPML on 25 January 2012.
>>
>> If successful, this petition will change ARIN-prop-160 into a Draft
>> Policy which will be published for adoption discussion on the PPML and
>> at the Public Policy Meeting in April 2012. If the petition fails, the
>> proposal will be closed.
>>
>> For this petition to be successful, the petition needs statements of
>> support from at least 10 different people from 10 different
>> organizations. If you wish to support this petition, post a statement of
>> support to PPML on this thread.
>>
>> The duration of the petition is until five business days after the AC's
>> draft meeting minutes are published. ARIN staff will post the result of
>> the petition to PPML.
>>
>> For more information on starting and participating in petitions, see PDP
>> Petitions at:
>> https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp_petitions.html
>>
>> The proposal text is below and at:
>> https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/index.html
>>
>> The ARIN Policy Development Process can be found at:
>> https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Communications and Member Services
>> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
>>
>>
>> #####
>>
>>
>>> Petition for 160 please.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, January 25, 2012, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>>>> In accordance with the ARIN Policy Development Process, the ARIN
>>>> Advisory Council (AC) held a meeting on 20 January 2012 and made
>>>> decisions about several draft policies and proposals.
>>>>
>>>> The AC recommended the following draft policies to the ARIN Board for
>>>> adoption:
>>>>
>>>>  ARIN-2011-11: Clarify Justified Need for Transfers
>>>>  ARIN-2011-12: Set Transfer Need to 24 months
>>>>
>>>> The following proposal was added to the AC's docket for development
>>>> and evaluation:
>>>>
>>>>  ARIN-prop-161 Normalize Free pool and Transfer justification periods
>>>>
>>>> The AC abandoned the following proposal:
>>>>
>>>>  ARIN-prop-160 Clarification of Section 4.2.3.4.1. Utilization
>>>>
>>>> Regarding proposal 160, the AC stated, "This proposal represented a
>>>> significant change to the justification requirements in 4.2.3.4.1
>>>> for receiving PA space. The AC did not see significant support for
>>>> such a change on PPML, and felt the proposal was not justified at
>>>> this time."
>>>>
>>>> The AC thanks the authors and the community for their continuing
>>>> effort
>>>> and contributions to these and all other policy considerations.
>>>>
>>>> The AC abandoned proposal 160. Anyone dissatisfied with this
>>>> decision may initiate a petition. The petition to advance this
>>>> proposal would be the "Discussion Petition." The deadline to begin a
>>>> petition will be five business days after the AC's draft meeting
>>>> minutes are published. For more information on starting and
>>>> participating in petitions, see PDP Petitions at:
>>>> https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp_petitions.html
>>>>
>>>> Draft Policy and Proposal texts are available at:
>>>> https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/index.html
>>>>
>>>> The ARIN Policy Development Process can be found at:
>>>> https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>>
>>>> Communications and Member Services
>>>> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> PPML
>>>> You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
>>>> the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List (ARIN-PPML at arin.net).
>>>> Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
>>>> http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml
>>>> Please contact info at arin.net if you experience any issues.
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sent via a mobile device
>>
>>
>> ARIN-prop-160 Clarification of Section 4.2.3.4.1. Utilization
>>
>> Proposal Originator: Martin Hannigan
>>
>> Proposal Version: 1
>>
>> Date: 22 DEC 2011
>>
>> Proposal type: MODIFY
>>
>> Policy term: PERMANENT
>>
>> Policy statement:
>>
>> Change policy statement from:
>>
>> 4.2.3.4.1. Utilization
>>
>> Reassignment information for prior allocations must show that each
>> customer meets the 80% utilization criteria and must be available via
>> SWIP / RWhois prior to your issuing them additional space.
>>
>> To:
>>
>> 4.2.3.4.1. Utilization
>>
>> Reassignment information for prior allocations made from the same
>> ISP's inventory must show that each customer meets the 80% utilization
>> criteria and must be available via SWIP / RWhois prior to your issuing
>> them additional number resources.
>>
>> Rationale:
>>
>> Existing policy is vague.
>>
>> Timetable for implementation: Immediate
>>
>>
>