[arin-ppml] Fee structures for ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 28 06:11:16 EDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> But you aren't talking about including it in the current price.... You're talking about jacking everyone for more money and forcing them all to pay for it whether they want it or not.

You asked:

"Can I continue to opt out of these additional services and not have my fees increased, please."

I said:

"That is also a possibility"

It requires that we not only don't include these services, but that we
don't normalize the fee structures between ISPs, Endusers, and Legacy
address holders whereby they pay similar fees for similar services, i.e.
if the recurring fees for ISPs go down, then the maintenance fees for
for everyone has go up.  There are some additional services that we can
include in this process, but indeed it would still be an increase.

We don't have to change the ISP fee structure, but as a practical matter,
ISPs are paying significantly more on a recurring basis for registration
services and depending on their circumstances, may not be actually using
any significantly more or different services from end-user organizations.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO