[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - March 2011

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Thu Mar 24 20:26:37 EDT 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 12:58 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> While honest people
> may disagree, it is my opinion that the LRSA is not
> onerous (if one's goal is the be part of the community).
> The time for dithering is approaching an end.

I'm interested in this term "community" which seems to be so highly valued on PPML.  Does "community" refer to participants in PPML?  Attendees at ARIN meetings?  Address holders?  The larger community of address stakeholders (vendors, operators, users) in the ARIN region?  Or the entire population of the region?

My perspective is that a small community at ARIN makes policy that affects the larger population of stakeholders, and frequently conflates the two.

Cheers,
-Benson