[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-1 - Inter-RIR Transfers - Shepherd's Inquiry

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:13:45 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Bill Darte <BillD at cait.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Well now, that's an interesting idea....
> Have to investigate the ramifications as you say...but, hmmmmm.

I would also not underestimate the political ramifications within the
RIR oligarchy. There are potential revenue and control implications at
play and I can envision significant angst related to how "whois" would
work resulting in it being held up as a primary roadblock. It would
potentially resolve the problem of technical if not in spirit "global
cooperation" and remove most if not all of the in-region roadblocks to
getting something done.

Mike Burns:

Such an idea would need to be developed. Try not to dismiss out of
hand without any detail or discussion. I agree with you with respect
to a drain on the pool. I would envision a secondary pool of non
regional requests operationally "TBD".

Best,

-M<