ARIN-PPML Message

[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

On Feb 25, 2011, at 7:25 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> It's quite likely that many of these transfers will take place outside of ARIN's framework due to the unwillingness of market participants to subject themselves to ARIN's peculiar methods.

You omitted out one little detail:  those "peculiar methods" are actually
the policy that the community wants in this region, and so we follow the
policy because that's what the operators feel keeps the Whois database
useful for their purposes.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO