[arin-ppml] Fraud or not?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Feb 15 23:48:08 EST 2011

www.robtex.com says that AS10912 belongs to Internap.

whois.arin.net says that there ain't no such AS.

So, should I file a formal report charging Internap with fradulent use
of resources that are not actually assigned to them?  Or is it more
likely that ARIN has simply (and entirely) misplaced the WHOIS record
for AS10912?

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  Since several serious spammers are actively spamming the Universe
from that AS, it would, you know, be kinda nice to at least be able to
find out who the AS actually belongs to.  I understand that whowever
that AS is actually assigned to would probably prefer to continue operating
it in super double secret stealth spammer mode, but I was kinda under
the impression that that was only allowed for domain names, and not also
for IP blocks and ASes.