[arin-ppml] inevitability of NAT?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Feb 10 10:51:36 EST 2011

I don't have to look further down.

If port forwarding is required for an application to work (often handled
by uPNP), then LSN will break the communication. PS3 has required such
functionality right along with the xbox and Steam.

There are many games out there that also host on a specific end node
automatically. They are able to accomplish this due to uPNP and
automated port forwarding. They will break in LSN environments.

Jack (not gonna be the one to tell his son that he'll just have to deal
with it)