[arin-ppml] "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers (was: Re: And so it ends... )

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:39:08 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

I agree with everything you've said with the exception of aggregation.
It's not relevant to policy even though a minority consistently link
it. Overall, leasing is significantly advantageous over "purchasing"
since we can't really own IP addresses according to the current
regime. I'm pretty certain that the STLS will see light if any volume
and won't see any significant sized block pass through it as a result
of the current onerous policy considerations (L\RSA) in using it.

Best,

-M<