[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 113: IPv6 for 6rd

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Mon May 31 16:57:54 EDT 2010

Given the history of IPv6, I would expect that such
a "transition" technology timeframe would be measured
in decades.

If one accepts the 6rd transition technology (and
one does not have to; I would encourage any/all to
propose alternatives if one has a better idea), one
will also have to accept the "largish" allocations
that will need to be made, and I will assert getting
those 6rd allocations back is not going to happen
(and any efforts to do so would be better off spent
elsewhere).

Personally, I am more than willing to accept
"largish" IPv6 allocations if that helps move
IPv6 deployment forward.  And I believe it will.

Gary