[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 113: IPv6 for 6rd

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Mon May 10 18:20:56 EDT 2010

Michael Richardson wrote:

> I don't understand why an ISP that has only a /20 of IPv4 needs a /32 of
> IPv6 to do 6rd.  A /20 of IPv4 has 12 bits of "host", so
> it needs 64-12= /52 to perform the mapping.  That easily fits into a /48!!

I think it is long past the time that we asked posters commenting on
IPv6 policy to include their political leanings in their signature, such
as (C) for IPv6 Conservative or (L) for IPv6 Liberal.

The IPv6 Conservatives party motto goes something like this:

"No matter how large it is, you can still piss it away" while the IPv6
Liberals refrain sounds like "More than the sand in the Sea!"

Just (Barely) kidding,

Joe (C)