[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy – Revised and forwarded to the Board

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed May 6 19:46:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Member Services <info at arin.net> wrote:
> The ARIN Advisory Council (AC) met on 29 April 2009 and decided to send
> a revised version of 2009-1 to the Board for their consideration:
> Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy

I support the AC-modified proposal 2009-1.

I would still prefer to see a sunset date. Virginia sunsetted its
stop-light cameras. As a result they went away: the statistics didn't
bear out the proponents claims that they'd reduce accidents. So when
the time came the legislators didn't vote to renew it. Not that I run
stoplights or anything, but those cameras were plain evil.

My point is that when you have a very contentious issue which hinges
on its proponents demonstrating something that can't be proven until
after the idea is tried out in practice, a sunset date is a healthy
thing.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004