[arin-ppml] Effect of ARIN's Letters

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Fri May 1 14:39:32 EDT 2009

"Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond" <ocl at gih.com> writes:

> a. avoid the pain and invest into IPv6 now
> b. wait for the pain to make you invest into IPv6
>
> Trouble is, without pain, there is no business case for (a). So let's all wait for the pain to take hold, and you'll see how the business case will appear quickly indeed.

I think B is the business case for A.  Risk mitigation. You know
something will change 2-3 years from now.  Are you willing to bet
the business that Nat Hell will win?

Right now, if I screw up my IPv6 connectivity, I get complaints, but
I fix it and do a writeup about what happened, and people seem to
understand.  If I screw up my IPv4 connectivity, people get mad and
leave.  I want to make all my newbie IPv6 mistakes now, not three years
from now.