[arin-ppml] Updated text for Simplified IPv6 Policy

Martin Hannigan marty at akamai.com
Thu Dec 24 00:23:05 EST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:

> On 12/23/2009 4:23 PM, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> > Scott Leibrand wrote:
> >
> >>      * Demonstrate efficient utilization of all direct IPv4
> assignments
> >>        and allocations, each of which must be covered by any
> current ARIN
> >>        RSA; or
> >>
> > How is "current RSA" defined? If I signed an RSA five years ago and
> > they've updated the RSA three times since then, does that mean
> that I
> > have to re-sign my existing assignment/allocation into the most
> recent
> > RSA to qualify?
> >

> If you request new IPv4 space, is ARIN going to require you to sign
> the
> updated RSA to get it?  (If you don't know, we'd have to ask ARIN
> staff.  I think there were some discussions about this back when we
> passed 2007-21, but I can't remember the details.)  If so, then you'd
> need to do so before getting IPv6 under this policy (2007-21) as well.
> If not, then ARIN considers your version current, and you're fine.

You haven't read the RSA. .

Section 2

"BECAUSE OF THE NECESSARY ROLE THAT ARIN PERFORMS FOR THE
INTERNET COMMUNITY, ARIN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS
AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME. ARIN WILL PROVIDE NOTIFICATION OF ANY
MODIFICATION(S) VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL TO THE CURRENTLY
REGISTERED ADMINISTRATIVE POINT OF CONTACT. FOLLOWING THIS
ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION, ARIN WILL POST THE MODIFICATION(S) ON
ITS WEBSITE. CHANGES WILL BE EFFECTIVE AFTER BEING POSTED ON
ARIN’S WEBSITE FOR 30 DAYS AND WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL APPLICANTS
OR PERSONS RECEIVING SERVICES. CONTINUED RECEIPT OR USE OF THE
SERVICES CONSTITUTES APPLICANT’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES."

And legacy RSA:

"7. CURRENT AND FUTURE POLICIES
As set forth in Section 2, to the extent of any conflict between the
provisions of this Legacy Agreement and the Policies, the terms of
this Legacy Agreement shall prevail. Notwithstanding the foregoing,
pursuant to ARIN's Policy Development Process ("PDP"), ARIN maintains
the Policies and may at any time in its sole, absolute, and reasonable
discretion amend the Policies, implement new policies (which once
implemented, will be considered Policies), or make certain Policies
obsolete. Such amendments or new Policies shall be binding upon Legacy
Applicant immediately after they are posted on the Website. Legacy
Applicant acknowledges and agrees it has read, understands, and agrees
to be bound by and comply with the Policies, as amended, except to the
extent those Policies may conflict with the rights and duties provided
Legacy Applicant in this Legacy Agreement. "