[arin-ppml] Updated text for Simplified IPv6 Policy

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:51:00 EST 2009

On 12/23/2009 5:03 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:

> Actually, that is a really good point.  I think I'll incorporate it.

Incorporating suggestions from Steve and Geoff, I came up with:

6.2.3.1.1 Allocation and assignment from specific blocks

Each allocation/assignment size will be made out of separate blocks
reserved for that purpose. Additionally, non-routed assignments for
internal infrastructure, and assignments to Critical Infrastructure
Providers per section 2.8, will each be made out of separate blocks
reserved for those purposes. ARIN will make a list of these blocks
publicly available.

6.2.3.2 X-Small (/48)

To qualify for a /48 allocation or assignment, an organization must:

    * Be Multihomed per section 2.7, and qualify for an ASN per section
      5; or
    * Serve at least 1000 hosts; or
    * Demonstrate efficient utilization of all direct IPv4 assignments
      and allocations, each of which must be covered by any current ARIN
      RSA; or
    * Require a non-routed block for internal infrastructure (assigned
      from specific blocks reserved only for this purpose); or
    * Be a Critical Infrastructure Provider per section 2.8.

6.2.3.3 Small (/40)

To qualify for a /40 allocation or assignment, an organization must:

    * Have two or more Multihomed sites, each of which would qualify for
      a /48; or
    * Serve at least 2000 hosts; or
    * Be an LIR.

Thoughts?

-Scott

P.S. I also created a wave for the topic at
https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252B8kNAmoiXA
If anyone wants an invite to play around with Wave, LMK.