[arin-ppml] Updated text for Simplified IPv6 Policy
On 12/23/2009 5:03 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> Actually, that is a really good point. I think I'll incorporate it.
Incorporating suggestions from Steve and Geoff, I came up with:
188.8.131.52.1 Allocation and assignment from specific blocks
Each allocation/assignment size will be made out of separate blocks
reserved for that purpose. Additionally, non-routed assignments for
internal infrastructure, and assignments to Critical Infrastructure
Providers per section 2.8, will each be made out of separate blocks
reserved for those purposes. ARIN will make a list of these blocks
184.108.40.206 X-Small (/48)
To qualify for a /48 allocation or assignment, an organization must:
* Be Multihomed per section 2.7, and qualify for an ASN per section
* Serve at least 1000 hosts; or
* Demonstrate efficient utilization of all direct IPv4 assignments
and allocations, each of which must be covered by any current ARIN
* Require a non-routed block for internal infrastructure (assigned
from specific blocks reserved only for this purpose); or
* Be a Critical Infrastructure Provider per section 2.8.
220.127.116.11 Small (/40)
To qualify for a /40 allocation or assignment, an organization must:
* Have two or more Multihomed sites, each of which would qualify for
a /48; or
* Serve at least 2000 hosts; or
* Be an LIR.
P.S. I also created a wave for the topic at
If anyone wants an invite to play around with Wave, LMK.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...