ARIN-PPML Message

[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

From: arin-ppml-bounces at arin.net [arin-ppml-bounces at arin.net] On Behalf Of michael.dillon at bt.com [michael.dillon at bt.com]

>Fact is that we should be asking "Who has a
> need to know?" and "How much do they need to know?".

Exactly. thanks for a reasonable consideration of this factor

So, in constructing a new SWIPS, or translation of old (ipv4) to new (ipv6) SWIPS or Whois policy, it makes sense to apply the basic DP Principle #2 and carefully define the purpose of the information being collected, and then try to align information collection and publication to that which is necessary to fulfill that purpose. That's all I am saying.