[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Equitable DistributionofIPv4Resources before IPv4 Run out

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Thu May 22 15:17:02 EDT 2008

No, ARIN charges for registration services.  We have considered
many different pricing schemes, but the fundamental rationale
that the members have given us is to cover costs.

> In case you were, here is the ARIN fee schedule:
>
> http://www.arin.net/billing/fee_schedule.html
>
> Fees per IP address:

The fees are not set per IP address.  The fees are based on
size categories, which are rough groupings based on total
allocation block size.  Annual fees are different for ISPs
and end user organizations.

The membership and the board have discussed different options
over the years, but none has been clearly superior (to a
consensus of the memebrs).

Lee Howard,
Treasurer