[ppml] Posting of Legacy RSA and FAQ

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sun Oct 14 01:56:38 EDT 2007

At 10:29 PM -0700 10/13/07, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Almost of all the terms parallel the existing RSA agreement, only
>> with the addition of recognition that policies shall not diminish
>> existing right and privileges of a legacy holder
>
>oh?  then what is section 9?  yes, arin may not think the holder has
>such rights.  but if that was really the case, why would arin make
>relinquishing them part of the contract?
>then why does it demand contractual right to audit?

The terms of the current RSA include both of these
as well.  We tried to stay as close to the current RSA
as possible (for fairness to existing members), with
the addition of the language which recognizes the
legacy holders status with respect to policies which
might otherwise reduce their rights.

/John