[ppml] Policy Proposal -- Recommended v6 aggregation practices

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Apr 28 16:41:21 EDT 2006

      On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Owen DeLong wrote:
    > 		Except in the most extraordinary of circumstances, no ASN should
    > 		originate more than a single v6 aggregate prefix.

Not arguing the good or bad of it, but this does take an eyeball
perspective as its core premise.  I think a lot of content people might
find it a little inapplicable to their universe.

Furthermore, I'm not very comfortable with these sort of recommendations
going into ARIN policy.  They really seem like either IETF work or simply
the sort of positions that companies have always tried to convince each
other of when trying to gain leverage in the marketplace.

                                -Bill