[ppml] [narten at us.ibm.com: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

Peter Sherbin pesherb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 18:14:49 EDT 2006

> In a packet-switched environment, it gets substantially more difficult
> to implement in a fair or equitable manner.

The Internet billing model is simple:

(Download - Upload) * $/bit = Billed Amount

It is based on two assumptions:
1. People access the Internet to download content
2. Paying party controls their download activity

If security becomes a prohibitive concern for the above then the product is just not
ready for use.

Peter