[ppml] [narten at us.ibm.com: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

Peter Sherbin pesherb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 10:42:28 EDT 2006

"Even tiny charges based on utilization decrease usage substantially."
(Internet pricing and the history of communications, A. M. Odlyzko.)

Here is a practical example. This winter my natural gas price has increased by 100%
with hardly any impact on usage.

The above comparison assumes that whatever runs through the Internet pipes is a
commodity.

Peter