[ppml] Proposed Policy: 4-Byte AS Number Policy Proposal

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 13 01:14:14 EST 2005

I think that the issues in a 4-byte world are not yet well enough known to
shape policy.  I think that the term specified in the temporary policy
allows
enough time for us to gain operational experience and build new permanent
policy around the issues actually encountered instead of making them up
in advance.

I think the temporary policy is a good step in the correct direction and
that
permanent policy should be based on experience.  Even in the ARIN world, we
usually manage to get policy done in less than 4 years when it is needed.

Owen

--On December 12, 2005 5:23:01 PM +0000 Andrew Dul <andrew.dul at quark.net>