[ppml] Big numbers

Lee Howard lee.howard at wcom.com
Tue Apr 8 10:59:00 EDT 2003

Big bang equal infinite.  We can all think of worst-case scenarios where
an attitude that IPv6 addresses are free and undepletable could lead to
depletion.  The example I like to give is of IPv6 addresses replacing
UPC codes, and every trip to WalMart results in another couple hundred
addresses in the trash bin at the curb.  If we treat v6 as if it's
infinite, then the value of each address is infinitely small and can be
infinitely wasted.

Further burning of bits toward the left may be dangerous.  IMHO, YMMV

Lee