[arin-discuss] Implementing IPv6

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Fri Feb 22 12:26:34 EST 2013

On 2/22/13 8:32 AM, Kerry L. Kriegel wrote:

> It appears that the squabble started in 2009 between Cogent and HE is
> still in progress.  I was wondering if anyone on this list had any
> “inside” information about the problem and whether or not there was an
> end in sight.

I doubt it.  Hurricane did everything but bake Cogent a cake to get them
to peer.  Then they did that too.

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/10/22/peering-disputes-migrate-to-ipv6/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CObnXjmDtg

> It seems to me that having a disconnect between two major
> players is going to hinder IPv6 adaptation.

That's why you want to be multi-homed.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net
Impulse Advanced Communications  -  http://www.impulse.net/