[arin-discuss] IPv6 End User Assignments

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed May 6 13:16:39 EDT 2009

> Deploying as a "standard", a subnet every time seems wasteful
> and defeating the purpose of why are are having to move to a
> 128bit IP system.  I know 99% of my customers won't have a
> clue what the word subnet is.

I can guarantee you that 100% of your customers will know
the meaning of:

   We can't install our home media system into
   your house because of the wierd setup that your
   ISP has. Of course, if you switch ISPs then
   there won't be any problems. We have customers
   on A-net, X-net and Z-net that work perfectly
   fine.

If you want to reinvent the wheel, you go right ahead.

--Michael Dillon