[arin-discuss] Food for thought: IPv4 accountability.

Nathaniel B. Lyon nate.lyon at nfldwifi.net
Tue Jul 21 17:57:05 EDT 2009

I fear the boys who are getting in on the IPv6 stuff, 20 years down the road will be no different than the boys in the IPv4 world.  How resources are handed out needs to change.  The sky is the limit on the IPv6 world, but what happens when the sky starts to fall?  This mentality was the same when the IPv4 stuff just started out.

I fear no lessons have been learned from the scarcity of IPv4 to the vastness of IPv6.  Unfortunately it seems right now the mentality is "just hand out the IPv6 pool, then ask the questions".  Nothing over the years have been learned.  :(

Let's not look at how legitimate an IPv4 request is, let's just deny it because we are running low and they don't meet our impossible prerequisites.

Nathaniel B. Lyon
Owner, NorthfieldWiFi
(612) 991-4260
www.northfieldwifi.com
nate.lyon at nfldwifi.net

The information in this e-mail is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, use of, or reliance on, the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by replying back to the sending e-mail address, and delete this e-mail message from your computer.