[arin-discuss] Suggestion to resolve the ARIN dispute

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Feb 5 19:31:48 EST 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Todd Underwood wrote:

> mel, all,
>
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 01:43:37PM -0700, Stotyn, Mel wrote:
> >
> > I think we need resolution of whether a quorum is necessary. I don't
> > think that there is agreement yet. If Dean's lawyer talks to ARIN's
> > lawyer, perhaps we will then know.
>
> arin, in the form of curran, already offered a resolution to this
> issue:
>
> no.

As Curran is only a Board Member, he has no authority to impose such
resolution. In fact, as I read it, Curran has proposed having the
membership vote on the subject at the next member meeting.  I'll have
some bylaw changes for that meeting, as well.

As the 2006 election cites only 173 votes, and I don't think the
membership has changed much between 2007 and 2006, it seeems that Scott
Bradner and John Curran are also subject to the no-quorum issue.

> this answer was arrived by arin management asking arin counsel for an
> opinion on the issues that anderson raised.

We still don't know the name of that attorney. Nor do we know actually,
if there ever was an attorney.  I don't think anyone can take the
assurances of a conflicted Board Member about the opinion of an
anonymous attorney.

> we're done.

I don't think we're done.

> if you disagree, then re-raise the issue with management with a
> different set of facts.  or if you don't like that, please file a
> claim in the appropriate court of law.
>
> can we talk about anything else now.  please?

You can talk about anything you like. No one is stopping you.

		--Dean

617 344 9000