[arin-discuss] Mailing lists vs Web Forums.

Aaron Hughes aaronh at bind.com
Tue Feb 5 13:34:22 EST 2008

Removed inappropriate message-id and corrected subject.

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 01:01:16PM -0500, Divins, David wrote:
> This might be a good time to discuss the possibility of Migrating from
> Mail lists to Web Forums.  It would allow threads as these to live only
> to those interested, yet cause no concern for stifling free discussion.
>
> Thoughts?

If I had to use a web forum, I would never read any of it.  Mail clients have threading support for good reason and many of us depend on procmail rules etc for managing our list traffic.

I do not have a problem with the addition of a web based digest as long as it copies the list and is not a replacement. List managers such as mailman have this feature built in.

Cheers,

Aaron

--

Aaron Hughes
aaronh at bind.com
(703) 244-0427
Key fingerprint = AD 67 37 60 7D 73 C5 B7 33 18 3F 36 C3 1C C6 B8
http://www.bind.com/