[arin-discuss] No quorum in last election

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Mon Feb 4 11:22:27 EST 2008

At 8:46 AM -0700 2/4/08, Mike Lieberman wrote:
>John,
>	Thanks for that input. Can you explain why the chair of the board
>stated otherwise in an email a few days ago? I have been following the
>thread, including the discussion of 990 members who might be in bankruptcy
>(meaningless) and discussions of sub-paragraphs where quorum is defined and
>where it is not. Your post states that all such previous statements -
>including from ARIN's on board are wrong.

That is not the case; my post on Friday simply notes that there is
not a "10% member requirement" for a quorum (as was asserted),
and further than our election is by electronic ballot per ARIN's Bylaws.
The Bylaws do not specify a quorum requirement; they provide for
mandatory electronic notice of the membership of candidates
(although we've actually been given 3 additional election reminders
as well).

>	I have now gone to the by-laws and read them. My only question is -
>why has so much time been spend on this thread when the by-laws are indeed
>as you stated and so clearly not what was being argued (on both sides)?

I don't know why myself; perhaps only now everyone's caught up with reading
the Bylaws.

/John