[arin-discuss] Are we going to vote on this ?

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Mon Nov 12 23:05:00 EST 2007

Highly unlikely.

In addition to the fact that the procedural steps John Curran noted have
not yet been taken, I have the following issues with the "relevations"
discussed here:

1.  I have no way of verifying the truth of most of the allegations and
the stuff I might be able to verify would take more time than I have to
spend on this.

2.  Much of this sounds like a rehash of a decade-old feud over
something.

3.  The allegations I've heard so far do not materially affect the
things ARIN needs to do over the next five years.

4.  There are much bigger issues facing ARIN, such as PA versus PI
space, and doing enough education and outreach so that users understand
the IPv4/IPv6 issues to create a market so vendors and LIRs actually
support IPv6 by the time it is needed.

Keith

Keith W. Hare                     JCC Consulting, Inc.
keith at jcc.com                     600 Newark Road
Phone: 740-587-0157               P.O. Box 381
Fax: 740-587-0163                 Granville, Ohio 43023
http://www.jcc.com                USA