[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sun Nov 11 21:36:31 EST 2007

In a message written on Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 01:03:19PM -0800, Michael Smith wrote:
> Again, in looking at RIPE and APNIC, the travel expenses for ARIN are
> far and away higher than the other two.  Anecdotally, I would think
> that travel in the APNIC region would be significantly higher than in
> the ARIN region.  I don't know whether or not this is evidence of
> conflict of interest, but it is interesting regardless of the reasons.

One item of interest may be that ARIN is the only RIR with an
Advistory Council in the policy development process.  While those
of us on the AC are unpaid volunteers, ARIN does pick up our travel
costs to the meetings.  ARIN sends two of the fifteen AC members
to each of the other RIR's primary meetings.