[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Nov 9 19:02:22 EST 2007

I can understand why so many people want to leave the list. I am a
newcomer, attempting to become somewhat of a good 'net citizen in
regards to appropriate use of my resources, and to generally gain
knowledge so I can be a respectable piece of the Internet's next generation.

I'm thankful that I'm an operator and not a politician. The only time
I've ever known anyone to have so much time to dig up dirt on others is
in politics. What a waste of production time.

As it has already been pointed out, Section 9.2 of the Member Mailing
List AUP is here:

http://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#nine2

If anything, for sanity sakes, at least propose a solution to what you
think is wrong instead of a blanket 'get rid of the board and the AC'
with a boat load of crap to go with it.

Whether someone is a criminal, has been accused of being a criminal or
was a criminal, if they can adequately suit the needs of the people they
are serving, why judge them on that. Cast the first stone.

It is claimed that ARIN is wasting money because there is no benefit to
the community they serve (WRT spending on travel for trade shows).
However, there has been no documentation to the contrary that states
their spending on attendance to these trade shows has had a negative
impact either.

My .02. I don't care anymore. I thought that monitoring these lists
would actually provide some benefit to myself, the organization that I
work for and most importantly the continuance of decent policy into the
future.

On a side, but related note, if IP related policy is ever proposed that
does not involve those who have at least some operational/engineering
relevance, than I oppose of it right off the hop.

I propose a policy that moves political discussion and accusations that
have nothing to do with the basic fundamentals ARIN represents to
something like:

arin-politics at arin.net

Steve