[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Fri Nov 9 17:30:19 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Paul Vixie wrote:

> for the record, only.

Good.  That's just what I need.

> john curran wrote:
>
> > >    This was moved in the 10 Jan 2004 Board meeting and
> > >    passed with Mr. Woodcock abstaining.  Mr. Vixie was not
> > >    a member of the ARIN Board at that time.  Minutes of
> > >    all the ARIN Board meetings are available online at
> > >    <http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/bot/>
>
> dean anderson replied:
>
> > The Jan 10 minutes show that the motion was made by Ray Plzak and
> > seconded by David Conrad.
> >
> > I note that David Conrad shares office space with Paul Vixie, [...]
>
> nope.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001201200600/www.nominum.com/about/contact.html

Shows Nominum.com at 950 Charter Street, Redwood City, CA.  This is the
same address as all 5 of the ISC companies registered by Vixie.

About 2002 or so, Nomimum cited a different address. Nominum's "new
address" is 2385 Bay Rd, Redwood City, CA. This is around the corner IN
THE SAME COMPLEX as before.  (Mapquest directions from one to the other,
click 'aerial image'.

Here's some clue to the Veracity of Vixie's statement:

  The CERT Coordination Center would like to thank David Conrad, Paul
  Vixie and Bob Halley of the Internet Software Consortium for notifying
  us of these problems and for their help in constructing the advisory,
  and Olaf Kirch of Caldera for notifying us of some of these problems
  and providing technical assistance and advice.

  The CERT Coordination Center thanks Mark Andrews, David Conrad, and
  Paul Vixie of the ISC for developing a solution and assisting in the
  preparation of this advisory.

And the clincher:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg03606.html
  i figure this is as good a time to mention this as any.  david conrad
  was the first voice for wide scale ipv4 anycast of root name servers,
  and when f-root started deploying this (in the months before the
  october 2002 ddos) it was because david and i had been sharing an
  office and talking about it. ("and it makes for great
  security/resiliency slideware.")

"it was because david and i had been sharing an office"

> the more astute among you will note that i'm not providing detailed
> refutation, merely disagreeing.  there's nothing of any substance to refute.

Sure. Just like you never hosted SORBS?

> knowing as i do the actual facts, and knowing as i do mr.  anderson's history
> of seeing things his own way no matter what the actual facts are, i'm not
> going to bother with the long route.  so, for the record, see above, "nope."

Actually, Vixie is the one who went to Court on 7 serious charges with
nothing more than a frivolous claim of a First Amendment right to engage
in, among other things, intentional and negligent misrepresentation,
extortion, and violation of the Colorado Organized Crime Control Act,
for which a Temporary Restraining Order(TRO) was issued.  The astute
will note that a TRO is a court ruling, and means that the facts, if
true, are sufficient for a judgment against the defendant on the law
claimed.

Besides the serious issue of suspected organized crime activity, we have
proof here that it is Mr. Vixie who, despite the facts, will try to see
things his own way, or to use more precise language, intentionally and
negligently misrepresent the facts.

We also have evidence that Vixie anticipated organized crime charges in
his activity, and has sought to pretend to be uninvolved to protect
himself.  http://www.iadl.org/maps/maps-story.html

		--Dean

617 344 9000