[arin-discuss] Multihomeping proof for IP space request

K. Scott Bethke scott at carpathiahost.com
Wed Apr 26 15:13:02 EDT 2006

I believe Arin requires multi-homing for your initial small allocation (of a
/22 or a /20) however I don't believe it is in policy to police your
multihomed status to keep that allocation.  I believe back in the day the
intent of the policy was that multihoming was a good reason for Provider
Independent IP space.   More than likely you won't hear from them until its
time to pay your dues.  If you have a /22 and you are requesting more space,
It may come into play there.  Though I believe that standard allocations of
/19 or larger do not actually require multi-homing, simple justification is
all that is required.

-Scott