[arin-discuss] Spammer/Abuser screening policy

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Apr 25 23:16:20 EDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, LavaNet Hostmaster wrote:

> And after a particularly bad experience that we had, I'd suggest asking
> them, in 100 words or less, to describe exactly what "Confirmed Opt-In"
> means to them, and then read their response over very carefully, and
> see if you pick up any danger signs.

Doesn't matter.  The one's you have to worry about will lie and tell you
what they think you want to hear.

> Past that, you might want to check them out against this:
>
> 	<http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/>

Google is your friend.  (well, maybe not some of you:)
Google for your prospective customer by name, postal address, etc.  Check
google groups too.  If the address shows up in lots of spam complaints,
that's probably not a good sign.