[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Approaches for Adjusting the ARIN Registration Services Plan Fee Schedule

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Apr 5 15:50:49 EDT 2024

> On Apr 5, 2024, at 1:43 PM, Paul Andersen <paul at egate.net> wrote:
>
> John,
>

> A point of clarification that would be useful to me and perhaps others.
>
> Is Option B prevent the board from any fee schedule restructuring? Similar to the end user move to a service plan a few years ago?

No, option B would simply mean that the fee schedule itself has an adjustment provision that would
become the customary way handling cost changes due to inflation (i.e. the Board would be review
costs each year and promptly confirm the upcoming year fees within the provisions established.)

If does not prevent the Board from proposing making other changes (e.g., a restructuring or making
a more significant change due to new member-sought services), but I will note that any such change
to the fee schedule would need to go through the ARIN community consultation process.

> I assume Option B allows the board to do modest changes without a consultation up to the 5% and other changes are allowed but with a fee consult?

That would be correct.

> Or are all further changes beyond a raise prohibited under B?

No, the fee schedule would still be able to further amended but as you note doing so would require
a community consultation.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran