[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ASN Fee Harmonization

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jul 11 11:51:27 EDT 2023

>>> Unknown.  The arin-consult mailing list is open to all interested parties who comply the Mailing List AUP and ARIN Participants Expected Standards of Behavior – these are not correlated to ASN holders.
>>
>> How many of the ASNs have at least one registered contact sbuscribed to this list using the email address listed for that contact?
>
> Owen -
>
> Presumably 100% of those interested are subscribed (as all have the opportunity to be on arin-consult as noted earlier) but note that ARIN does not force any parties to participate in this mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> American Registry for Internet Numbers

That dodges the question and you know it.

I’m not asking for PII or anything privileged here. It would be a relatively simple PERL script to take the list of subscribers and the list of POC email addresses associated with ASN-only customers and produce an answer.

Since you’ve only reported the Fee-paying ASN-only customers, I have to ask… How much does the number of (potentially) affected organizations grow if you include non-fee paying ASN-only organizations?

Owen