[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Registration Services Agreement

Brian Jones bjones at vt.edu
Mon Aug 24 21:57:11 EDT 2015

My organization last signed RSA agreement was version 10.0 in 2009. I am
curious to know what happens as versions of the RSA changes over time while
organizations signed agreements become out of date. Are we held responsible
for the latest RSA version that is approved or the latest version the
organization has signed?

Section d.) of the introduction makes it sound as though everyone who has
signed an agreement with ARIN at any point in time will be subject to any
policy changes or obsoletes. I do not recall our organization receiving
notice of changes to our RSA (version 10) to get to version 11 or I would
have more involved in this discussion then. Assuming an organization
complies with changes in policy that they may not even be aware of seems to
create a backdoor for policy changes made in a vacuum. It also could apply
undue liability to the unknowing party.

In my initial review of our version 10, and the provided links to version
11 an 12, I find much of the version 12 wording more appealing than some of
our version 10 agreement. I will have more comments after I have time for a
more thorough review. There are several changes from version 10 to version
11 and I want to understand the removal of some of the "may's" leaving only
the implicit "must" in their place.

--
Brian